Let's enjoy the final days! Check out what changes and events started this March here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56485/sunset-in-maple-world
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation

Old school gamers?

ianthemanslayerianthemanslayer
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,950
Posts: 129
Member
in Off Topic Discussion
I'm a super huge fan of older game systems and some new. I'm just curious on who else is an old school lover.
diegao
  1. Which old school system is the best?12 votes
    1. Nintendo
       0% (0 votes)
    2. Super Nintendo
       17% (2 votes)
    3. Nintendo 64
       42% (5 votes)
    4. Sega
       17% (2 votes)
    5. PlayStation
       0% (0 votes)
    6. Other
       25% (3 votes)

Comments

  • SourcedeauSourcedeau
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,640
    Posts: 185
    Member
  • ianthemanslayerianthemanslayer
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,950
    Posts: 129
    Member
  • MatboksenMatboksen
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,690
    Posts: 279
    Member
    Sad to not see GameCube on that list :c
    So I went for N64
  • SourcedeauSourcedeau
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,640
    Posts: 185
    Member
    edited 6:44AM April 20, 2018
    Sourcedeau wrote: »
    PC

    Only PC?

    Well for the best yes , but I used the PS1 a lot , the GB
  • hotpothotpot
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,565
    Posts: 35
    Member
    Matboksen wrote: »
    Sad to not see GameCube on that list :c
    So I went for N64

    I don't really consider Gamecube to be old school, rather things like the Atari 2600 or the later NES/Master System is old school.
    Though in terms of console generations, that general era is certainly a golden era. Even looking back on my collections, the Gamecube and Dreamcast are some of the best consoles to have ever come out.
    Matboksen
  • MatboksenMatboksen
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,690
    Posts: 279
    Member
    hotpot wrote: »
    Matboksen wrote: »
    Sad to not see GameCube on that list :c
    So I went for N64

    I don't really consider Gamecube to be old school, rather things like the Atari 2600 or the later NES/Master System is old school.
    Though in terms of console generations, that general era is certainly a golden era. Even looking back on my collections, the Gamecube and Dreamcast are some of the best consoles to have ever come out.

    Well, it's just that I grew up with the GameCube, so it's a really golden era for me. :P
  • ianthemanslayerianthemanslayer
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,950
    Posts: 129
    Member
    I could of put more older systems but I don't think a lot of people would know some.
  • PhegnomenalPhegnomenal
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,230
    Posts: 14
    Member
    Sega Genesis 16-Bit. I loved that old system.
  • ToriTenkaiToriTenkai
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,710
    Posts: 58
    Member
    If I had money for repairs or buying new old systems I would. Thankfully the Sega still works, but I lost the Nintendo and Atari system to their sheer age I assume honestly I have no idea.
  • ianthemanslayerianthemanslayer
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,950
    Posts: 129
    Member
    I could of put more older systems but I don't think a lot of people would know some. Like I love my Commadore
    ToriTenkai wrote: »
    If I had money for repairs or buying new old systems I would. Thankfully the Sega still works, but I lost the Nintendo and Atari system to their sheer age I assume honestly I have no idea.

    Segas are super cheap unless you're going for the master system. Everyone on eBay is selling ataris like crazy.
    Sega Genesis 16-Bit. I loved that old system.

    I still have mine from a kid. They're realtively cheap, so if you wanted to pick one up under 50 you could.