May 27th is finally upon us. Please feel free to join us on the last day as the servers come down one by one. More details here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/46192
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation

So is pirate still a thing in maple 2 ?

ShenRyujinShenRyujin
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,395
in General Chat
i dont know much about what is in ms2 but after checking the classes are the pirate class gonna be in the game? striker (not sure if its a hero class tho) seems to be the buccaneer replacement but wat about the corsair then. if anyone kno anything about it plz give me a heads up ty.
DanDKRipMeGirl

Comments

• BackwardCapBackwardCap
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,365
    Heavy Gunner would probably be the Corsair, though they technically aren't using the same weapon.
  • TelicTelic
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,865
    Forget what you know about classes from the first maplestory. It doesn't work the same way. Most likely the striker won't be available at the start either. I'm sure you could make some comparisons between the striker/heavy gunner with the pirate, but mechanically the game is going from 2D side-scrolling to 3D isometric, which makes it quite different.
  • ShenRyujinShenRyujin
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,395
    edited 3:35PM April 20, 2018
    Telic wrote: »
    Forget what you know about classes from the first maplestory. It doesn't work the same way. Most likely the striker won't be available at the start either. I'm sure you could make some comparisons between the striker/heavy gunner with the pirate, but mechanically the game is going from 2D side-scrolling to 3D isometric, which makes it quite different.

ah ok thx for the insight on it but does that mean they wont bring spears, crossbows, or pistols at all even later either?
  • NorthboundNorthbound
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,145
    ShenRyujin wrote: »
    Telic wrote: »

ah ok thx for the insight on it but does that mean they wont bring spears, crossbows, or pistols at all even later either?

They always could, but there's no official word on it, so I wouldn't count on it. The three post-release classes didn't follow MS1 trends at all.
  • PallyCookiePallyCookie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,505
    Let's be honest about pirates.
    The only reason they existed was so Nexon could make a category to post their oddjob classes to try and make things seem fresh. I mean it worked though but now that categories like Warrior and Mage are gone Nexon can make gun classes and brawling classes based on anything. They can release a pirate themed class if they like and it could be anything really.

Ms1 pirates when they released could have worked as another archtype honestly.
    Bucc could have been a warrior brawler type.
    Captain could have worked as a steam punk archer or mage.
    MS1 pirate category in later patches just became the place to post experimental classes.
  • THEpalladiumTHEpalladium
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,465
    I'm just going to miss pistols
  • RekkazanRekkazan
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,685
    ShenRyujin wrote: »

God I hope we get a lancer at some point. GIVE US THE SPEARS NEXON.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 995
    edited 5:59PM April 20, 2018
    When it comes to maplestory 1 lore, Pirates supposedly didn't exist back in the time of the black mage, which was later proven false by the existence of Steelfist jack. While he's never directly called a pirate, the way he talks, fights, as well as the fact that it does mention his "Ship and Crew", he's a pirate. However Masteria (New Leaf City) isn't canon in Korea as they don't have the masteria (New Leaf City) continent.

Maplestory 2 intially was a prequel, however as the patches have gone on it would appear it's become an alternate dimension rather than a prequel. Since it was intitally a prequel, more than likely there were no plans for an inital pirate class in order to avoid inconsistencies with the timeline with maple 1. As it's now an alternate dimension, this would no longer be an issue, so an actual pirate class could be considered.

If a pirate class isn't made, the closest you'll get is a Striker as it is quite similar to a Buccanear.