Check out the patch notes for the v19 Winter Mischief update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/55464/winter-mischief-v19

Male/Female ratio????

Comments

• HanyelHanyel
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 970
    Hanyel wrote: »
    100% female here.
    Gonna make pretty tomboyish girl I guess. I like em chibis tough, short hair, scars and such :D

@Hanyel Idk if a chibi can even look tough :D

@SacredPharaoh with some effort it's gonna be just fine :p
    Hanahaki
  • FaelightFaelight
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,925
    edited 12:21PM April 19, 2018
    The obvious course of action from this thread is for someone to make the

Lady Maplers Community

Megathread and discord, don't be afraid to help each other out ~~

:Kissyface: kawaii desu <3
    NikkieMeowren
  • KitsuhimeKitsuhime
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,545
    80% of us will be males lolololol
  • TheChaosLegendTheChaosLegend
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,030
    edited 12:44PM April 19, 2018
    GIRL = Guy In Real Life

Better safe than sorry honestly
    Hanahaki
  • piskepiske
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 620
    MFW ILL NEVER HAVE A QT LESBIAN MAPLE GF....
    serveimage?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia1.tenor.com%2Fimages%2F75edc9882e5175f86c2af777ffbb14a6%2Ftenor.gif%3Fitemid%3D5755232&sp=31846890af72e65149982bd6339eee4b
    i just know every grill i think is cute is gonna be a guyyyyyy ;_;;
    LynnedslagHanahaki
  • Lady_KariLady_Kari
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 725
    Maybe to get more girls to play we need Male art of the Maplstory 2 classes xD
    Hanahaki
  • NxnaNxna
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,855
    I always find the whole gender importance in games amusing.

Any other form of entertainment, gender is the last thing people think of. It's like if a male who is an avid movie goer, walks into the cinema and sees and girl and goes all crazy because she's watching a movie as well. Females playing video games has always been a thing, however we normally keep quiet because of the intense (weird?) reactions we tend to get.

@Faelight — I completely support a Lady Maplers Community, that sounds like fun!
    CafeRemiRen_OkamiHanahakiMewziaMeowren
  • KorraKorra
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,910
    @The guys who are cool with playing girl characters is it bc they have cuter clothes, hair, and get NX sugar daddies???
    Also, have any girls deliberately played as boys for MMORPGs?? I personally don't, at least not that often. I'm used to playing with male protagonists only, so whenever I have the option to be a girl I always choose it lol.
  • RonSenpaiRonSenpai
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 400
    Only two genders? T R I G G E R E D
  • vEvergardenvEvergarden
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 855
    65 percent of the female votes are guys
    Hanahaki
  • LuminaEdgeLuminaEdge
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,435
    Korra wrote: »
    @The guys who are cool with playing girl characters is it bc they have cuter clothes, hair, and get NX sugar daddies???
    Also, have any girls deliberately played as boys for MMORPGs?? I personally don't, at least not that often. I'm used to playing with male protagonists only, so whenever I have the option to be a girl I always choose it lol.

I almost always play girls, i like cute characters and girls usually get better/wider variety of options along that spectrum. So yeah you're half-right. I don't need a sugar daddy though, i take care of myself. Guys kill me when they think I dress up my char for _them_. The ego i tell ya.

I know a couple of girls that always roll guys in all the years I known them. They pretty much think the same as I do: they just make them super cute/androgynous.
  • CafeRemiCafeRemi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 940
    Nxna wrote: »
    I always find the whole gender importance in games amusing.

Any other form of entertainment, gender is the last thing people think of. It's like if a male who is an avid movie goer, walks into the cinema and sees and girl and goes all crazy because she's watching a movie as well. Females playing video games has always been a thing, however we normally keep quiet because of the intense (weird?) reactions we tend to get.

@Faelight — I completely support a Lady Maplers Community, that sounds like fun!

Haha, true. Honestly, I just want to be treated normally as any other guy.
    Well, maybe not up to the point where I'm ok with NSFW, but, we all have a shared hobby of games, so... It shouldn't be too hard to talk about anything general related to games or other public-friendly hobbies.
    Hanahaki
  • SacredPharaohSacredPharaoh
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,245
    edited 2:43PM April 19, 2018
    Btw, for anyone who is checking this discussion and is like wtf, is there a war between the 2 sexes? Many of my friends told me that the ratio between the males to the females would be 50/50, so I put it to the test. That's literally it lol.
  • Classic_SteelClassic_Steel
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,335
    nooooooo!!! theres suppose to be more girls then guys. how am i suppose to make my harem now!?!?!?!
    Hanahaki
  • FaelightFaelight
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,925
    nooooooo!!! theres suppose to be more girls then guys. how am i suppose to make my harem now!?!?!?!

Oh don't worry there will be plenty of G.I.R.L.S. in game that will be willing to fill any stereotype you need for your harem
    HanyelHanahaki
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 500
    I'm honestly surprised that the poll has a larger number for guys?!?! The game is so cutesy I really thought there'd be more girls?
  • Ren_OkamiRen_Okami
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,415
    To be fair, I don't really know any other females that choose to play video games in real life. I'm close friends with girls that play Call of Duty or XBOX, but I didn't grow up around that. I believe not many people really play PC games (unless it's... Erm... "Fortnite," I think?).
    Keep in mind, despite the fact that MS has a really adorable art-style, it's also a "Beat 'em Up" game focused on story and dungeon exploration. Albeit, the dungeon crawling isn't like other platformers/MOBAs that Nexon is competing with.
    Even if the gender-ratio isn't what some of us (including me) were expecting, most likely it may change as MS2 comes out. Nexon wants it in Closed Beta soon, and I'm aware some gamers don't want to play on account of being wary of possible data loss.
  • KaychiKaychi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 650
  • TSwvyneTSwvyne
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,960
    I always play a male, as i am a male, but lately my friends started creating female characters. Not to portray themselves as female, but they rather stare at a girl instead of a dude. One friend even claimed, "...to build the perfect woman."
    cozy
  • NeoyoshiEASTNeoyoshiEAST
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,400
    We need more females to balance out the scales.

0H8ahts.gif