May 27th is finally upon us. Please feel free to join us on the last day as the servers come down one by one. More details here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/46192
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation

Male/Female ratio????

Comments

• LuxAmariLuxAmari
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,745
    Good to know cute stuff is liked universally c:
    UnburnableBoo
  • ChikinDinnerChikinDinner
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,445
    It's tough to discern a male from a female in videogames because from my experience most girls don't announce their gender while playing. Overuse of emojis and trying to sell themselves as a female is often just guys messing around, which makes everything super convoluted and makes the entire game cat-fishy, which can be in good fun.

Source: Female.
    UnburnableBooNazrin
  • WhalePowerWhalePower
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 615
    I like to go by the rule "everyone is a guy until you meet them irl." I'm a dude, but will be making a male bowman and female priest.
    UnburnableBooNazrin
  • LuminaEdgeLuminaEdge
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,535
    Remember, if a girl in game dresses their char very feminine, very polite/laid back... and is highly geared.... That character probably belongs to a dude.
    UnburnableBooHanyelNunah
  • UnburnableBooUnburnableBoo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,330
    Oof. Looks like I’m one of those “traps” people are warning others about.

I like cute stuff man, let me live my life.
    ChikinDinnerNazrin
  • UnburnableBooUnburnableBoo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,330
    I love traps ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ)

Thanks for the love.
  • CylareCylare
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,040
    I think MS hold a pretty balanced male to female ratio. Of course more males is to be expected, but it's pretty healthy I feel like. :)
    UnburnableBoo
  • SacredPharaohSacredPharaoh
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,245
    WhalePower wrote: »
    I like to go by the rule "everyone is a guy until you meet them irl." I'm a dude, but will be making a male bowman and female priest.

quote of 2018
    LuminaEdge wrote: »
    Remember, if a girl in game dresses their char very feminine, very polite/laid back... and is highly geared.... That character probably belongs to a dude.

the highly geared lets everyone know that they are prob a trihard and most men are trihard, so that would be the biggest hint.
  • vramzeysvramzeys
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 535
    i'm a trans guy so i don't know what that tells you.
    MewziaMeowren
  • CowlingCowling
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,235
    I’m a girl but I like making characters in games like I make my OCs, so they can be any gender. I used to only make male characters on MS1 because I liked the hair and eye choices better hahaha.
    Heir
    Cowling wrote: »
    I’m a girl but I like making characters in games like I make my OCs, so they can be any gender. I used to only make male characters on MS1 because I liked the hair and eye choices better hahaha.

@Cowling this has nothing to do with your comment but, did you get your name from boku no hero?
  • HomownerHomowner
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 580
    I'm just curious.

Jeez @ the results so far LMAO
  • CowlingCowling
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,235
    Cowling wrote: »

@Cowling this has nothing to do with your comment but, did you get your name from boku no hero?

Ah it actually doesn’t! I just started watching bnha so I guess I'm not far enough to know what I could be referencing?

Its just a portmanteau of weakling and coward and kind of a joke between my friends and I.

I’m glad I managed to ref bnha without even knowing it haha
    Heir
  • WhiyuWhiyu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 620
    The ratio of MapleStory is probably 50/50 but a good 25 of those 50% of girls are dudes on girl characters.
  • LuminaEdgeLuminaEdge
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,535
    LuminaEdge wrote: »

the highly geared lets everyone know that they are prob a trihard and most men are trihard, so that would be the biggest hint.

You underestimate the opposite gender, i've seen ladies go ham in other MMOs. One helped me get into top 100 of another mmo before I quit.

The ones i knew just didn't care about showing off/being competitive about it how far they've gotten like most guys though. BUT. yeah thats why you can't look at gear alone. Honestly it doesn't matter though, they most likely don't wanna be bothered with thirsty guys anyway. I know my ranking friend sure as heck didn't.
  • HuyhnguyHuyhnguy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 530
    there's like 60 genders out there, how dare you only put two genders as an option. sexual discrimination i tell yah

im male
  • HanyelHanyel
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 970
    100% female here.
    Gonna make pretty tomboyish girl I guess. I like em chibis tough, short hair, scars and such :D
    Meowren
  • kiddecepticonkiddecepticon
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,830
    I'm a guy and typically stick with male characters. It really depends on the game, because I've played some that have limited classes to certain character races or genders. Definitely starting with a male assassin though. ^_^
    Hanyel wrote: »
    100% female here.
    Gonna make pretty tomboyish girl I guess. I like em chibis tough, short hair, scars and such :D

@Hanyel Idk if a chibi can even look tough :D