Let's enjoy the final days! Check out what changes and events started this March here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56485/sunset-in-maple-world
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation

Male/Female ratio????

Comments

• ImutoneImutone
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,120
    Mavi wrote: »
    I have a very androgynous voice. I've even had people fight over my gender since nobody could tell what I was. People were 100% certain I'm a guy by the way I was typing. Then once they heard my voice they got extra confused since my voice can be both very deep or just plain girly. My name doesn't help either since it is a neutral name.

Despite everything I'm 100% a girl. I just enjoy having characters that look androgynous or ugly.

I can relate. I recall braiding up my hair once for a summer job and a few people where wondering if I was a girl, or a very tall young boy.
    Except I've gotten to the, "Whatever gender you think I am bro, I don't care anymore" stage.
  • EgurasNimbusEgurasNimbus
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,795
    Before you know it there will be reverse traps then reverse double verse traps then the re reverse trap maps and then the I'm just a nonbinary furry but honestly I am a trap trap.
    Nazrin
  • lppulppu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,775
    edited 6:52AM April 17, 2018
    Hentai wrote: »
    i'm a genuine female!

i'm not a trap i swear

Just taking a moment to appreciate this person's username.
    2DNazrinSourcedeauTheRealSINIILillioniColezkJassimNep
  • CassidyCassidy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,410
    I want to make both a cute male and female character ;w;
    WhalePower
  • SacredPharaohSacredPharaoh
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,245
    Before you know it there will be reverse traps then reverse double verse traps then the re reverse trap maps and then the I'm just a nonbinary furry but honestly I am a trap trap.

Lmaoooo seriously

• EgurasNimbusEgurasNimbus
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,795

Lmaoooo seriously

You would be suprised
  • ShángSháng
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,555
    Forum Moderator
    *seems legit*

- Shang
    Lillioni
  • AyoitsianAyoitsian
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,165
    I would post the "Traps are 2.19% gay" reddit copypasta here but that would probably get very awkward very fast...
  • CosmicKirbyCosmicKirby
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,440
    edited 12:49PM April 17, 2018
    I have found that MMORPGs as a genre have a far closer 'split' between the sexes than other typically 'big' or AAA markets. Pretty often you get 25-30% female players, which is far higher than, say, Sports games or FPS games. Both of which are probably closer to 5-15%.

Female gamers, 'tend' to prefer more social and less competitive genres. Games such as Animal Crossing have a 'majority' of players being female, the Tales of RPG series also had a majority female players at one point, and Mobile Games are dominated by them, (Although, not he cash-grabby gacha or cheesecake games.)
    DanDK
    edited 3:04PM April 17, 2018
    I have found that MMORPGs as a genre have a far closer 'split' between the sexes than other typically 'big' or AAA markets. Pretty often you get 25-30% female players, which is far higher than, say, Sports games or FPS games. Both of which are probably closer to 5-15%.

Female gamers, 'tend' to prefer more social and less competitive genres. Games such as Animal Crossing have a 'majority' of players being female, the Tales of RPG series also had a majority female players at one point, and Mobile Games are dominated by them, (Although, not he cash-grabby gacha or cheesecake games.)

I mean it makes sense, but the cartoony look, outfit selection, and house decoration in my mind would see very appealing to females. Btw I don't mean to generalize the female's but this is just my assumption when it comes to these types of games.
  • NazrinNazrin
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,090
    edited 12:23AM April 19, 2018

Shhh
  • NazrinNazrin
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,090
    Ayoitsian wrote: »
    I would post the "Traps are 2.19% gay" reddit copypasta here but that would probably get very awkward very fast...

Do it.
    Nazrin wrote: »
    Ayoitsian wrote: »

Do it.

lmao you better take the challenge
  • SimpleSimple
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,445
    Seems like males are dominating the polls but I'm wondering how many people actually lied about their gender too.
    I thought there would be more female players since this game is "kawaii"
    Simple wrote: »
    Seems like males are dominating the polls but I'm wondering how many people actually lied about their gender too.
    I thought there would be more female players since this game is "kawaii"

Omfg, that was I was saying lmao :D
  • RusRus
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 930
    I can't remember which one I chose.
    eeny-meeny.gif?w=863
  • NeoyoshiEASTNeoyoshiEAST
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,400
    edited 7:17PM April 17, 2018
    I sexually identity myself as a Boeing AH-64 Apache Helicopter.

L7PG2PV.jpg
    ColezkDodger
  • ZarozianZarozian
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,520
    edited 7:49PM April 17, 2018
    Games have always been a place for guys to get away from some of the females in their lives. = w=

But....ehhhh things don't usually turn out well when you kind of bump into them again in the game. =(

*sigh*
  • AndilaAndila
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,200
    Too much shemale on MS1 :(
    I want grl friends on MS2!!
    (girl here)
    edited 3:53AM April 18, 2018
    Rus wrote: »
    I can't remember which one I chose.
    eeny-meeny.gif?w=863