MS2 On Console

Comments

• RekkazanRekkazan
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 5,595
    Jonn's post pretty much sums up the epitome of my argument on why I don't think console would be a good choice for them. If they had the funds and were able to pull it off, I wouldn't be against it at all, as long as it remained cross platform like XIV is with their servers. But I don't think it'd be a good use of their resources personally unless there was a huge market for it on the PS4. Xbone however, I think would be a complete waste, as Xbone demands exclusive servers for its users with many games, iirc.
  • TheChaosLegendTheChaosLegend
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 7,645
    Jonn wrote: »
    MapleStory 2 on console would be cool but I don't want them to waste time developing it on a platform they are unfamiliar with. I would rather have them focus on PC. And given that everyone has a PC that can run Maple it would be a downgrade.

Yep my thoughts exactly. If it's not a hindrance to the PC platform there is zero problem with it. If it does impact PC development I'd rather not have/wait until PC is not so demanding for bug fixes and updates.

The last sentence I don't agree with though. I know lots of people at school (this is college) who have access to a console/prefer only console gaming and might have a laptop suitable for schoolwork but would have trouble running minecraft.
  • HarmlessHarmless
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,640
    Everyone is really passionate about this. D: I'm fine either way but it would be fun being able to play on the Switch!

I'm not saying it because I wanna play Maple in the bathroom...

Nope, not at all.
    TheChaosLegend
  • RekkazanRekkazan
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 5,595
    Jonn wrote: »
    MapleStory 2 on console would be cool but I don't want them to waste time developing it on a platform they are unfamiliar with. I would rather have them focus on PC. And given that everyone has a PC that can run Maple it would be a downgrade.

Yep my thoughts exactly. If it's not a hindrance to the PC platform there is zero problem with it. If it does impact PC development I'd rather not have/wait until PC is not so demanding for bug fixes and updates.

The last sentence I don't agree with though. I know lots of people at school (this is college) who have access to a console/prefer only console gaming and might have a laptop suitable for schoolwork but would have trouble running minecraft.

It probably won't be a hindrance to the PC right away. It'll probably be on par with it for a few years. However, as time goes on, of course technology gets better. Eventually it will become a matter of PS4 possibly holding it back, but that won't be for a good while.
  • KandoriKandori
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 720
    Rekkazan wrote: »
    Jonn's post pretty much sums up the epitome of my argument on why I don't think console would be a good choice for them. If they had the funds and were able to pull it off, I wouldn't be against it at all, as long as it remained cross platform like XIV is with their servers. But I don't think it'd be a good use of their resources personally unless there was a huge market for it on the PS4. Xbone however, I think would be a complete waste, as Xbone demands exclusive servers for its users with many games, iirc.

This is not true and games like Rocket league (which the largest playerbase is on Xbox) and Fortnite prove otherwise.
  • KandoriKandori
    3FeetOfFun wrote: »
    Bromo wrote: »
    @3FeetOfFun @Kitsuhime Whyyyyyy???

MS2 is a social game. Not a grinding game. MS1 on console is a good idea, because the gameplay concept is singleplayer.
    MS2 on console will ruin the game, because people will space out for the community. There will be rage over Console players.
    People in dungeons will say R>PQ NO CONSOLE @@@@@
    This isn't CoD, this is a game where people are pressured to play as a team.

BUT NOT JUST THAT!

But MS2 won't run on consoles. Nexon will have to downgrade MS2 inorder to have it run on even the PS4.
    I don't want a gimped down console game on PC.
    Nexon when pushing out updates will have to keep console members in mind, when pushing out updates. Which mean the game will be limited in creativity.

Not true either, the Xbox one X is on par or even better than most PC's out there for the price range and can run games at 4k while anyone with anything less than a GTX 1080 can barely pull that off on their PC. Also, the biggest thing nobody is even talking about is the fact that the game already has game pad support. So clearly it could play on a console and there wouldn't be any difference in skill because there's no mouse involved for anything other than menus for the the most part.
  • KandoriKandori

MS2 is a social game. Not a grinding game. MS1 on console is a good idea, because the gameplay concept is singleplayer.
    MS2 on console will ruin the game, because people will space out for the community. There will be rage over Console players.

BUT NOT JUST THAT!

But MS2 won't run on consoles. Nexon will have to downgrade MS2 inorder to have it run on even the PS4.
    Nexon when pushing out updates will have to keep console members in mind, when pushing out updates. Which mean the game will be limited in creativity.

I'm sorry but I just have to say you're so ridiculously wrong on everything you just mentioned it's almost sickening.
  • 3FeetOfFun3FeetOfFun
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 5,210
    Kandori wrote: »

BUT NOT JUST THAT!

Not true either, the Xbox one X is on par or even better than most PC's out there

No... And Xbox 1 is not on par with a PC...
    468px-2013-05-21_12_23_28-.png

And here is a cheap PC

neZHqjr.png
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 455
    maybe if there was a way to release MS2 for the Nintendo Switch mostly cause that would make the game very portable and easy to play. not really any point making it for any other console that isn't portable cause playing on a PC works just fine.